This delicious apple and cinnamon muesli has lightly toasted spices and oats with cinnamon coated apple chunks.
Here's a taster on what's at our breakfast table in the mornings: Homemade Apple and Cinnamon Muesli.
Autumn is apple time! My parent's section has a few apple trees with loads of apples each year.
I love finding ways to use and preserve them. If you know anything about me you'll know dehydration is my number one, favourite preserving method.
This recipe today is a simple toasted muesli with chunks of home dried, cinnamon coated apple pieces.
I've combined oats, coconut and sunflower seeds (though it could be any seeds of your choice) and coated them in a mixture of coconut oil, honey and a little salt and cinnamon. This I lightly toasted until golden.
The apple I cut into small chunks, coated in a little cinnamon and dried them in the dehydrator (oven works well too). Then they were added alongside half a cup of raisins.
Super simple and super delicious!
If apple isn't your thing, try this dried strawberry and macadamia muesli instead.
Have you made this? Tag me and let me know! @home_grown_happinessnz
- 5 medium apples
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup seeds and nuts of your choice
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweetener (honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar etc)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Peel and chop the apples into small 2cm chunks. Coat with cinnamon.
- In a dehydrator or oven, dry at 65 degrees Celsius for 6-8 hours until dried but chewy.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl combine the oats, coconut, cinnamon, nuts and seeds. In a saucepan melt together the coconut oil, sweetener and salt. Pour over the oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, stirring it every 5 minutes to bake it evenly.
- Remove it from the oven and add in the apple and raisins. Leave to cool and store in an airtight container for up to a month.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 14.1gSaturated Fat: 9.3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 35.9gFiber: 4.4gSugar: 15.1gProtein: 4.9g