Easy no-bake pumpkin muesli bars with seeds and pumpkin puree. Packed full of vitamins, a perfect lunchbox snack.
Do you still have homegrown pumpkins in storage?
These delicious no-bake pumpkin muesli bars use up 1/2 a cup of pure pumpkin puree. That’s pumpkin that’s been boiled or baked until soft, then whizzed up. Nothing else added.
This is a perfect way to use up leftover roasted pumpkin!
They’re so easy to put together.
In a little saucepan combine butter, brown sugar and honey (or maple syrup) and melt it all together. Let it bubble for a little while before taking off the stove and stirring in almond butter.
I love using almond butter because it’s healthy and it’s reasonably neutral in taste. This means the other flavours of the muesli bar can come through. You can however, substitute the almond butter for any nut or seed butter of your choosing.
Then comes the pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and salt, and lastly the oats and seeds.
I add in sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and linseeds.
Press the mixture down firmly in a lined slice tray, as firm as you can.
Once the mixture is pressed down, I drizzle over a chocolate topping. I use a dark chocolate chip, melted down with a little bit of olive oil. The oil helps to keep it soft so that it doesn’t crumble off the bars when they are cut.
Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to firm up. Store these bars in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Got more pumpkin left? Why not try some homemade pumpkin ravioli?
No Bake Pumpkin Muesli Bars
- 80 grams butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup almond butter or nut/seed butter of your choice
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp ground linseeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp olive or coconut oil
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, honey and brown sugar together and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes before taking off the heat and adding in the almond butter. Stir until well combined.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and stir until well combined.
- Add the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and linseeds into the butter mixture. Stir until it is all well combined.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and tip in the oat mix. Press down really firmly until it's well compacted.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt together the chocolate chips and oil until glossy. Drizzle it over the muesli bar tray.
- Leave to firm up in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before slicing.
Have you made these? Tag me and let me know! @home_grown_happinessnz