Succulent spiced prawns, a zesty avocado and coriander dressing, char-grilled capsicums and sweet pineapple, red onions, cabbage
and tomatoes tucked into a soft corn tortilla. Everything you need for a simply delicious prawn taco.
It’s too hot to spend hours cooking in the kitchen! I’m a huge fan of lazy summer meals that can be put together quickly, and prepared outside on the BBQ! These delicious prawn tacos are fun for the whole family as you can ‘build your own taco’ if all the ingredients are set out.
These prawn tacos include:
- Spiced prawns, with cumin,
smokeypaprika, garlic, and lime zest
- Avocado and coriander dressing, with another kick of lime
- Char-grilled capsicum and pineapple
- Sliced red onion and fresh tomato
- Something for crunch (I’ve used kohlrabi but you can use freshly shredded cabbage, carrots, beetroot or radish)
- A warmed corn (or flour) tortilla
- Jalapenos and sour cream to serve
The prawns are marinaded in spices for about 20 minutes, as long as it takes to prepare the other ingredients.
The avocado dressing is simply avocado, coriander, lime juice
Red onions add a little sharpness and the fresh tomato and crunchy cabbage balances out the onion.
Char-grilled capsicum as well as char-grilled pineapple adds a lovely sweetness.
Succulent spiced prawns, a zesty avocado and coriander dressing, char-grilled capsicums and pineapple, red onions, cabbage, and tomatoes tucked into a soft corn tortilla. Everything you need for an ultimate prawn taco.
- 300 Grams Raw Prawns, Tails removed
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 3 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 Zest Lime
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Avocado Coriander Dressing
- 2 Medium Avocado
- 1/4 cup Chopped Coriander
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt Season to taste
- 1 Lime Juice
Vegetables + Tortillas
- 2 Large Capsicums, de-seeded and halved
- 1/3 Fresh Pineapple (cut in thick slices)
- 1/2 Medium Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Fresh Cabbage or similar (shredded)
- 1 Large Tomato, de-seeded and diced
- Coriander, Jalapenos, Lime Wedges and Sour cream to serve
- 8-10 Small Flour or corn tortillas.
Marinade the prawns in the marinade ingredients for 20 minutes while the rest of the ingredients are prepped.
Avocado + Coriander Dressing
Combine all the ingredients in a blender, and 1/2 of the salt and mix until smooth. Taste, and add in more salt if necessary.
Vegetables and Assembly
Char gill the capsicum halves and pineapple slices until soft and slightly charred. This can be done on the BBQ or under the grill in the oven. Once cooked, cut the capsicum into thin slices and the pineapple into cubes.
Slice the red onion, dice and the tomatoes and shred the cabbage.
Cook the prawns on the BBQ for only about 5 minutes until just cooked through but still juicy. While the prawns are cooking, slightly warm the tortillas on the BBQ.
To serve, add a dollop of avocado dressing onto a tortilla. Add on some sliced capsicum, diced pineapple and a line of prawns. Sprinkle on the fresh vegetables. Add on a little bit of chopped coriander for garnish.
Serve alongside sour cream, jalapenos and a wedge of lime.
Pin for later