Beautiful homemade scented bath salts to make the perfect homemade gift.
Who doesn’t love relaxing bath with deliciously scented water. Homemade scented bath salts are easy to make and so good for your skin and muscles.
Is it too early to start talking about Christmas? Maybe but I’m going to do so anyway.
This year I want to make some homemade Christmas presents. We live in such a consumerism orientated world. We have everything we need and then come Christmas we buy each other all sorts of junk that often ends up in the rubbish pile. A few years ago I bought my father in law novelty skull ice cube moulds, because of course, everyone needs those.
To do my bit to step out of this cycle of buying and throwing away, I am making my own presents. I’ve decided to write down a few and share what I am making, starting with this post: Homemade bath salts.
Who doesn’t love a relaxing bath with deliciously scented, soothing water.
Bath salts are ridiculously easy to make and you can make them unique with your own choices of colours and scents. Since it’s Christmas I did a batch of minty candy cane salts, as well as a classic lavender.
It’s a blend of muscle relaxing Epsom salts, cleansing salt, nourishing coconut oil and delicious scents. . Presented in a recycled jam jar, a strip of ribbon and a cute name tag. Voila! A perfect wee gift for your loved ones to enjoy.
Homemade Bath Salts
- 1 1/2 cups Epsom salts
- 1 cup rock salt or 3/4 cup sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp of food colouring optional
- 10-15 drops pure essential oil of your choice
- In a metal or glass bowl, combine the Epsom salts, salt and baking soda and coconut oil. Stir well to combine.
- Add in the food colouring, slowly, mixing after each drop until it is your desired colour.
- Add in the essential oil and mix in well, taking care not to spill any pure oil on your skin.
- Pour into jars. I layered different colours for a visual effect.
I’m going to be posting more homemade gifts in the next couple of days. Are you making gifts this year? If so, what are you making?
Have you made these? Tag me and let me know! @home_grown_happinessnz