This bright green herb salad dressing takes an ordinary garden salad to the next level. It's packed with flavour, natural colour and vitamins.
If you're a salad lover, you will LOVE this green herb salad dressing.
Fresh salads are a staple in our house. We eat them at least 4 times a week, in winter especially when leafy greens are abundant in the garden. Our salads usually contain some form of lettuce but they're also bulked up with shredded kale, brassica and beetroot leaves, carrots, cabbage, flowers and whatever else is growing.
They're already nutrient-packed but adding a homemade herb dressing adds a big boost of vitamins, antioxidants and flavour!
Healthy Homemade Salad Dressing Ingredients
The base of the dressing is olive oil, a little acid (like apple cider vinegar or lemon juice), dijon mustard, honey and salt.
Add to that a cup and a half of mixed fresh herbs and blitz it up. The main base herb is parsley, but to that I add what I have growing which is usually sage, coriander, thyme, oregano and mint.
In summer I add basil too!
How to Make this Easy Salad Dressing
An immersion blender (a stick blender) make this salad dressing easy to whip up in under 10 minutes!
Simply combine all the ingredients into a tall container to fit the blender, then blend it all together until smooth. Once blended, taste it and add more salt, acid or sweetness as needed.
How to Store Homemade Salad Dressing
This recipe makes about 300ml. It will last up to two weeks in the fridge but with the amount of salads we eat, it is used up much quicker than that.
As the dressing settles the herbs will sink to the bottom. Shake up the jar before serving.
Once the dressing has stored in the fridge, it may thicken. Let it come to room temperature before serving or place the jar in a bowl of warm water.
Looking for some easy salad recipes? Check out this pearl couscous salad or this Vietnamese noodle salad.
Interested in some other garden to table recipes? Try this roasted cabbage recipe or this creamy cauliflower masala recipe.
- 1 cup parsley, packed
- ½ cup mixed other fresh herbs (coriander, thyme, basil, mint, sage...), packed
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, Or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon or wholegrain mustard
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a tall container fit for a stick blender (immersion blender). Blend it until smooth.
- Taste and add in more salt, acid or sweetener if needed.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to two weeks. The herbs will settle to the bottom as it sits. Shake it up again before serving.
- When the dressing has been stored in the fridge for a while, it may thicken. Let it come to room temperature before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Have you made this? Tag me and let me know! @home_grown_happinessnz