So summery, this zucchini stir-fry uses all the produce from your home garden! Tender zucchini noodles soaked in delicious satay sauce alongside bright summer vegetables.
I harvested a massive 2.75kg tromboncino zucchini last week, ready to make this zucchini satay. On top of my other zucchini harvests, I have been cooking zucchini non-stop!
This satay stir-fry is a brilliant way to use up plenty of zucchini!
The two main stars of the dishes are the tender, sweet zucchini noodles and the salty satay sauce. The zucchini kind of soaks it up and it’s awesome. Then there is some omelette in there for texture, carrots, peppers and beans for colour and a sprinkling of coriander and sesame seeds to finish it off.
The vegetables in this dish are inspired by what is usually growing in the summer garden. Fresh green beans, sweet capsicum peppers and bright carrots. The vegetables in this recipe can be tweaked and adapted to fit with what is growing in your garden.
The satay sauce is simply peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, garlic and a little apple cider vinegar. Flavour packed!
If you’ve got more zucchini to use, why not try add it to fruit leather!
Grain-Free Vegetable Satay Stir Fry
- 500 g zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 medium capsicum
- 1 medium carrot
- 250 g green beans
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1 whole onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (tamari)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Start by slicing your zucchini into noodles using a spiraliser. If you don’t have one of those, use a peeler to peel off long strips. Put the noodles in a colander over a bowl and sprinkle the zucchini noodles with salt. Leave to sit for half an hour to allow the liquid to release.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic. Chop the capsicum, carrots and beans into long thin strips.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together until well combined. Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a saucepan and pour in the whisked eggs. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes before flipping. Once cooked, remove from the pan and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the satay sauce ingredients together and use a stick blender or other blender to mix until a smooth sauce. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or wok, heat the remaining tbsp of sesame oil and cook the onions and garlic until fragrant. Add in the carrots, capsicum and beans and sauté for 5 minutes. While it’s cooking, take the zucchini noodles and squeeze as much water out of them as you can.Add them to the saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add in the satay sauce and cook for 2 minutes before taking off the heat and stirring through the omelette strips. Finely chop the coriander.Scoop into a serving dish and sprinkle with the chopped coriander and a tablespoon of sesame seeds.
Have you made this? Tag me and let me know! @home_grown_happinessnz